Hello there, Troubleshooting or removing any antivirus program can be tricky because of various reasons. today in this post we will help you uninstall Norton from windows and mac computers using various methods.
Norton has a great many products and features under its umbrella and removing them from the system should be easy. you can get a safe Browser, antivirus, VPN, and cleaner with Norton along with LifeLock all in one subscription.
Traditional ways of removing the somewhere may fail sometimes that’s why we have provided you with both traditional and advanced methods to help you uninstall Norton antivirus and do the clean installation of any other software.
you can also cancel Norton subscription if you are not planning to use Norton further.
Uninstall Norton From Windows Computer
a lot many users can’t uninstall Norton from the system using the standard methods so it’s best to use the standard method in safe mode with networking. here are the steps to uninstall Norton in safe mode.
- Press the Windows Key + R Key together on the computer keyboard to open the run Program
- type MSConfig in the run box and click Ok to Open the system configuration
- From the System Configuration Box Please select On Boot
- Check the Safe Mode and then Select Network then apply the settings and Click Ok
- Now Restart the system and this time it will be in safe Mode with networking
Now once the system is in safe Mode you can use the steps given below to uninstall Norton antivirus from Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1 along with Windows 10 and 11.
- Press the Windows Key + R Togather on Keyboard and it will open the run program
- type appwiz.cpl and click Ok to open the list of programs installed on your computer.
- From the list Please Locate your Norton security Product and select it and right-click on it to click Uninstall
- Now the norton uninstaller will pop out please follow the onscreen steps to Remove and uninstall Norton Security Product.
- Please Restart the Computer after the removal Process is Done.
Now in case if you still face the problem and find the above steps difficult to follow please use the Norton removal tool to get rid of Norton antivirus and Norton products.
Find more information about how to fix Norton security scan not working problem
Norton Removal Tool
the removal tool is made by Norton to provide its users an easy way to remove and uninstall Norton security products. Norton Removal tool is available For Windows and Mac users Both.
Here is how you do it, First for Windows Computer-
- First Just Click on this Link to Download Norton Removal Tool
- once you have download the tool and you can find file name NRnR.exe
- Right Click on the NRnr.ext File and Run as Administrator to open the files
- Click on Agree to Accept the Agreement then click on Advanced Options
- From Next Screen Click On Remove Only and then again click on Remove
- Let the Norton uninstaller Process it and remove the application
- Follow the onscreen steps and Click Restart Now after the uninstalltion is done.
Now you should be fine and in case you have a mac computer, please use the steps below to remove norton from mac computer.
- make sure you are using safari browser then click on the link to download the norton removal tool for mac
- use the Finder icon to open the finder and From the the left panel under the favorites Find the downloads
- Now open the RemoveNortonMacFiles Folder
- Press the Control Key On Mac Keyboard and Right click on RemoveNortonMacFiles.command then select Open with terminal
- Now the command shoud auto run and remova the norton from the mac computer
- Follow the onscreen guide and restart the computer after complete removal.
there is another easy way to remove any application using mac computer. here is how to do it.
Uninstall Norton From mac Computer
a lot of mac users use norton antivirus and its other security Products to keep there computer safe.0
- First thing you need to do it to open the Norton application, From the top apple menu click on Go and select applications
- Under the application please locate Norton application and double click on the Norton application to open it
- Once the application is open from the top Menu at the side of apple icon Click On Norton security.
- Now click on Uninstall and follow the onscreen instruction of norton uninstaller.
- After Removal Press the Control Key and Right Click on the Norton Icon from dock And Select Move to Trash
- Restart the mac computer after Removal
in many cases users fail to follow the steps and end up getting error while uninstalling. if you still can’t uninstall norton then its time to use third party tool to use the uninstaller.
read more methods on How to fix Norton user interface that won’t open
Use uninstaller to Remove Norton Security
there are many third party uninstaller application available online that have Good reviews and nice reputation. they work in a perfect way to Remove any application from computer. Ccleaner, Iobit Uninstaller, Revo Uninstaller are some of the few good examples of the softwares.
Using Treditional methods and removal tool may not be able to remove the leftover files and extensions from the antivirus software. using the third party application will solve the problem and remove any and all traces of the application removed.
in this case we suggest you to use the revo uninstaller free version for the removal of norton. here is how you do that-
- First you need to Go to the revo website and download the revo uninstaller
- After you have it downloaded Please Right Click on the Revosetup.exe file to Run as administrator
- Click Yes to confirm the user account Control and Choose your Language
- Agree with User Agreement and click Next and then click Next Again to create desktop shortcut Icon
- Click on Install and let the program set up on the computer completely.
- Finish the Setup and the application will be launched automatically.
- Now it will scan the Programs installed on your computer
- Select your Norton Security Product that you wish to Remove and right click on it and Click Uninstall
- Now Revo uninstaller will auto-create a restore point Please Give it a minute or two.
- the revo will analyze the Norton program and all its files and from next option Select Moderate And Click scan
- From next options Select all and delete it and then select all leftover files and delete it
- Follow the onscreen instractions to remove and uninstall Norton From the computer and restart the computer
all of this information is dedicated to help you uninstall norton security Products. if you have Browser extension please disable it from the web browser.
after uninstall you can setup Norton antivirus from the start if you are trying to replace it with a different Norton product and update the product to the latest version available.
Read more about How to fix Norton live update failed problem
thats all in this post, in case you need any further help with Norton security Products just ask your Question Here .
Share your feedback and comments below and let us know what more we can help you with your Noton Product.
Mohit Singh is a well Known Cyber Security Expert & Online Security Researcher. He has already Written 300+ Articles on Many Tech websites and his Research and outlook on cyber security are read by thousands of people each day. His area of interest is cyber Security Products such as Antivirus, Cleaner apps, Vpn, Mac, and ios security. He is the Co-founder and Lead Writer and researcher for Antivirusops.com Now